Poll: Where should Anthony Bourdain dine while he's in the Knoxville area?

Anthony Bourdain on location. The globe-trotting chef visits Knoxville April.

Photo by Travel Channel

Anthony Bourdain on location. The globe-trotting chef visits Knoxville April.

Anthony Bourdain on location. The globe-trotting chef visits Knoxville April.

Photo by Travel Channel

Anthony Bourdain on location. The globe-trotting chef visits Knoxville April.

Where should Anthony Boudain dine while he's in the Knoxville area?

View results | Previous polls

UPDATE: See the poll results.

KNOXVILLE - Earlier this week on his “Ramblin’ Man” blog, Knoxville.com writer Randall Brown asked, “Where should Anthony Bourdain, host of Travel Channel show "No Reservations," make his non-reservations when he comes to Knoxville?”

In other words, what unique Knoxville-area eateries should Bourdain check out?

The response has been overwhelming to the request for suggestions. Readers mentioned many local favorites, and we’ve boiled them down to the top vote-getters for this poll.

Please note that we have absolutely no control over what eateries Bourdain really does check out when he comes to town for his April 4 presentation at the Tennessee Theatre. This poll is just for kicks.

So, from these top contenders, what East Tennessee delicacies might pique the interest of a world-traveling food adventurer like Anthony Bourdain?

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

© 2009 Knoxville.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

cityresident writes:

China Pearl

spoonerism writes:

Ye Olde Steak House? Are you kidding me???? It's just a steak place.

While I love my steak dipped in butter, like everyone...this is Anthony Bourdain!! This man is ECLECTIC.

Put him in King Tut's for God's sake!!

oldjarhead writes:

Krystal!!

downtownjason writes:

why would he come here?

jelnovick writes:

Big Ed's

Long's

volinjapan writes:

He needs to go to Foothills Milling Co. in Maryville!

a_yelper writes:

I vote for tomato head or creamery park grille... both places have menus full of flavor. the roast beef sandwich at tomato head and the seven layer salad at the creamery park grille! mmm good! oh yeah, both are locally owned.

GinaLolaJupiter (Inactive) writes:

volinjapan--You're right-I forgot about the Foothills Milling Co. It's great! And I still vote for King Tut; the new Indian place near Bearden High; Little Havana, and Nama.

Moost writes:

Inn at Blackberry Farm

bsdsd writes:

Litton's is the most overpriced and overrated burger in town. And all of you Ye Olde Steak house fans: give me a break! Are you too stinkin' lazy to cook it at home? It's out of the way, over priced, and just red meat. I have never understood that attraction and, as a resident of South Knox County, the traffic hazard is annoying.
Chandler's and King Tut's are much more Bourdain's style.

fightingautism#252973 writes:

I vote Louis or Tomato Head. Or what about Vic & Bills? I've not eaten there since their White Ave location closed, but man did they have awesome vegetarian subs.

FunnyStuff writes:

If hes looking for a really unique place to eat he should try Wong's on chapman highway. It is something that is deffinately out of this world on taste and variety.

RedJones writes:

Hmmmm, The place I remember most is the Tennessean Dinner or Cumberland Ave near UT. (I washed dishes there many years ago) I don't even know if it is still there.

I do remember the Regis (I think) and the S&W Cafeteria.

The last time I passed thru Knoxville, I believe we stopped at PF Changs.

This guy eats some pretty weird stuff...hell take him out to Sevier County and get some Greens and Grits. etc.

pms151 writes:

I am from Knoxville and have not been back for many years. I live in a kfz. Krystal Free Zone. I would have to vote for this bozo to go to the one on the Strip at 3:00 am and get the chili and 8 gut bombs. Don't forget to dip. Best food Ktown has to offer. Everything else is just BS phooey. Just hope he makes it past Ruby's at KNS without food poisoning.

pms151 writes:

sorry that cra. did not pass your bible belt censorship. You idiots.

HoloSan writes:

in response to fightingautism#252973:

Louis????? your not helping to fight autism by recommending that orange greasy pit hole. that phooey will make you autistic!!!!!!! Knoxville has no palette!!!

ersmith writes:

Litton's is the perfect choice for Anthony Boudain to eat while in Knoxville. What other restaurant in Knoxville has a bakery who's staff arrives at 4 in the morning to make freshly baked desserts, breads, and homemade dressing everyday. No ingredients are ever frozen. Hand-cut french fries, beef ground in house daily, fresh made buns, hand cut steaks from the best beef, fresh seafood from Boston (that too is never frozen). It really has it all. Why send him a place like King Tuts where the kitchen is the nastiest place I have ever been and it takes an hour to get the Greek salad which is the only thing they want you to get! Ye Olde Steak House is overpriced and no good. He needs to go to a place that encompasses Southern comfort. Oh and for Sunday brunch he needs to go to Tomato Head.

RandallBrown writes:

Just to answer the above question, it is my understanding that the Tomato Head also bakes its own bread, desserts and makes its own dressings. Also, I'm not 100% sure about it, but I've always gotten the impression that most everything at Frussie's Deli is made in-house.

FLAVOLS writes:

WHERE is the Mariachi Taco Truck? I must find.

RandallBrown writes:

I think the Mariachi Taco Truck usually sets up shop along Sutherland Avenue. Check for it in the parking lot of the Bread Box convenience store on Sutherland between Hollywood Road and Forest Park Blvd.

FLAVOLS writes:

in response to RandallBrown:

Thank you!

RODS6 writes:

I vote for CAPT. ERNIE'S FISH HOUSE RESTAURANT.
There is nothing like having a piece of fresh fish coming straigth from the waters of Key West to the middle of the mountains in Knoxville TN!!!!!!!