Neil Young to perform in Knoxville

Rock icon will play at the Civic Auditorium in May

Neil Young

Neil Young

Neil Young

Neil Young

Rock icon Neil Young will perform in Knoxville at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 27, at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium. Young will perform a solo acoustic concert. British folk guitar legend Bert Jansch will open the show.

Young's career stretches from his work with the Buffalo Springfield in the 1960s and with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young into the 1970s and as a solo artist. Young's best-known songs include "Only Love Can Break Your Heart," "Heart of Gold," "After the Goldrush," "Old Man," "Like a Hurricane," "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Powderfinger."

Tickets for the show will be $225, $125 and $75 and will go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 10, at Tickets Unlimited outlets, at www.knoxvilletickets.com and by phone at 865-656-4444.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

© 2010 Knoxville.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

BrassMonkey writes:

I hope Neil Young will remember. A southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

DRAGA writes:

I WOULDNT PAY THAT MUCH TO SEE ELVIS GET UP AND MAKE A BRIEF COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS WHAT I SAY
DRAGA

demonicstrawberry writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

I hope Neil Young will remember. A southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

I'm a Southern woman, and I think it's awesome Neil Young is going to perform here! Those talentless Skynyrd hacks get enough airplay (ad nauseum) on the radio.

HarryHood writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

I hope Neil Young will remember. A southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

You know Ronnie Van Zandt and Neil Young were friends right?

Number1RomoFan writes:

$225? Young performing as an old geezer like me? Maybe in his hay day, but his voice is probably half shot now. No thanks, I can buy 3 weeks groceries for that and put an old CSNY vinyl on, pour a glass of wine, and get a whole lot better show in the comfort of home....

mnx writes:

yep those ticket prices are pretty high...Heart of Gold and golden tickets....they might ought to rethink that

I love Neil Young, but I think I'll just save my money and go to the circus

gross1157 writes:

Old Man look at my "Price" I'm alot you "were'nt.....

Slo writes:

I wouldn't pay $225 to see anybody.

I wouldn't walk across the street to see Neil Young if he was playing for free in my neighbor's driveway....

....unless he brought CS&N with him!

pilarofsociety (Inactive) writes:

$225 is absolutely ridiculous...I saw Rick Springfield at the TVA&I fair last September for $10, and he is still in great physical shape at age 61 and can actually deliver a rock show performance...I have always liked a few of Neil Young's songs but that ticket price is totally out-of-line. I bet there wont be full house for this show. I may be wrong.

Moesart writes:

$75 are the cheap seats AKA the worst seats in the house.

Pathetic. $225 for a show with zero production. A solo acoustic performance.

Cash writes:

I love his music, BUT, a total acoustic set for that many Green Stamps ?

I suppose he isn't as down to earth as he has lead everyone to believe.

I would like to quote Ol' Dirty
"Cash rules everything around me
Cream
Get the money
Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all"

reckon Neil listens to ODB ?