A juicy idea for good health?
Published 4/18/2014 at 5:13 p.m. 0 comments
It’s hard to avoid hearing references to the juicing craze. Stores and juice bars advertise their latest creations; a friend talks about how juicing cleared her skin or helped her lose weight; Dr. Oz promotes juice cleanses, then warns of ...
A cup of coffee flour may hit the spot for Seattle startup
Published 4/18/2014 at 4:14 p.m. 0 comments
In Seattle’s latest and perhaps most original contribution to the worship of java, a local startup is trying to make a new culinary staple out of coffee flour.
Local cupcakeries featured in Best in America
Published 4/18/2014 at 2:25 p.m. 0 comments
The Daily Meal recently released its list of 101 Best Cupcakes in America. It includes Gigi’s Cupcakes, with a Knoxville location at11665 Parkside Drive (No. 40); Scrumps Cupcakes, 106 Hotel Road (No. 65); and Magpies Bakery, 846 N. Central Ave. ...
Big Fatty's hosts Celebrity Bartending event
Published 4/18/2014 at 2:20 p.m. 0 comments
In support of Knoxville PrideFest, Big Fatty’s, 5005 Kingston Pike, will be hosting a celebrity bartending event from 6-9 p.m. Friday, April 25, featuring drag queens Angel Collins, Xena, Diana Hart and LaShae Azrael. Call 865-219-8317 for more information.
Wine dinner at Lakeside Tavern
Published 4/16/2014 at 6:44 p.m. 0 comments
A Prager Winery and Portworks dinner will be held Tuesday, April 30, at Lakeside Tavern.
Tasting event at Farragut store
Published 4/16/2014 at 6:31 p.m. 0 comments
Farragut Wine & Spirits, 11238 Kingston Pike, is hosting a wine tasting event from 3-6 p.m. Friday, April 18.
Wine dinner at Orangery April 25
Published 4/16/2014 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
“A South African Experience” wine dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 25, at The Orangery, 5412 Kingston Pike.
Kids Club at Farmers’ Market
Published 4/16/2014 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
New Harvest Park Farmers’ Market will host its Grub Club meeting at 3:30 p.m. today (Thursday, April 17).
Food Network Star to appear at Market Square Art Fair
Published 4/15/2014 at 12:19 p.m. 0 comments
Melissa d’Arabian, host of the Food Network shows "Ten Dollar Dinners" and "Picky Eaters Project," will present a culinary demonstration at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 25, during the Market Square Art Fair, sponsored by the Dogwood Arts Festival.
Restaurant health scores
Updated 4/15/2014 at 11:22 a.m. 0 comments
Our weekly roundup of restaurant health scores shows no restaurants scoring a 75 or below and 17 scoring a 95 and above.
Put a wing on it: KFC selling chicken corsages for prom
Published 4/14/2014 at 5:51 p.m. 0 comments
KFC is selling chicken corsages for prom, and yes, this is a real thing.
Sing for your Supper at Hard Rock Cafe
Published 4/14/2014 at 4:20 p.m. 0 comments
In honor of tax day, the Hard Rock Café, 515 Parkway, Gatlinburg, is hosting “Sing for your Supper.” The event, which will be held 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, provides any guest who performs their favorite song on the Hard ...
Spoonful Fundraisers at Tomato Head
Published 4/14/2014 at 4:06 p.m. 0 comments
The Appalachian Mountain Bike Club is this month’s recipient of the Tomato Head’s Loving Spoonful fundraising project.
Ramp Festival set for April 26
Published 4/14/2014 at 3:57 p.m. 0 comments
The fourth annual Tellico Plains Ramp Festival will be held 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Ballplay Ruritan Club, 157 Ballplay School Road.
Grub Scout: Viet Taste delivers triple treat: great value, phenomenal flavors, superior service
Published 4/14/2014 at 2:37 p.m. 0 comments
I’ve had so many lunch-only restaurants in my queue lately, I was very happy to hear about the opening of Viet Taste, a new eatery sandwiched between Dick’s Sporting Goods and Panera Bread on Peters Road. They serve lunch and ...
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Mar 5th 2014 Girl Scout cookie food recipes
- Feb 12th 2014 Avanti Savoia's chocolate culinary class
- Nov 13th 2013 Naples Italian Restaurant, a…
- Nov 6th 2013 More photos from Cook It Raw BBQ…
- Sep 11th 2013 Former Blackberry Farm chef Dustin…
- Aug 28th 2013 Doc's American Grille
- Jun 21st 2013 Photo gallery: The Cheesecake Factory…
- Jun 13th 2013 Louis' a Fountain City tradition…
- Jul 15th 2012 Consumer tips when shopping at a…
- Apr 13th 2012 Meet the Chef: Jeff Carter of Dancing…
- Sep 15th 2011 Panera adds items to fall menu
- Dec 26th 2013 Tammy Huchison talks about the…
- Jun 22nd 2013 Big Kahuna Wing Eating Competition
- Jun 21st 2012 Meet the Chef: Bruce Bogartz of RouXbarb
- Apr 9th 2012 Meet the Chef: Jeff Carter of Dancing…
- Nov 18th 2011 Meet the Chef: Peter Glander of Ruby…
- Oct 20th 2011 Recipe: Halloween eyeballs
- Oct 4th 2011 Meet the Chef: Amber Lloyd of The…
- Apr 28th 2011 Auction of Regas Restaurant property
- Dec 31st 2010 Last day at Regas Restaurant
- Oct 14th 2010 Meet the Chef: Robert De Binder of…
- Aug 26th 2010 Meet the Chef: Stephen Myers of Regas
- Jul 22nd 2010 Meet the Chef: Shane Robertson of…